Tuesday 29 January 2013

It's Not Where You Start........

It's Where You Finish!
It often occurs to me that in the pursuit of all things creative, you have to have more than a little faith in what the end result will look like! Or if you don't have the faith, at least the audacity to go with it & see where it leads!
Whenever I start a new project or customer order etc,, I always go through that apprehension of putting the first stroke on the paper. This is followed by the next stroke, the next & so on. Within the first 2 or 3 minutes I look at what is building before my eyes & think that it's probably going to be pants, but I've learned to stick with it & trust my instincts & more often than not it turns out well.
Here's some starts & finishes to illustrate (literally!) the point.





2 comments:

  1. I quite often go through a phase in the middle of an art project where things start going wrong and it looks awful and I think I'm never going to finish it. Then it suddenly, magically all comes together and I'm happy with it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are scary & deflating moments Susan!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear any thoughts, feedback etc from you if you have a minute?

Archive